Sunday, March 7, 2010

Here goes Day One

Unfortunately this will probably turn into a blog about the deployment, but that's okay.

I stopped doing my Photo Project 365 and decided that I would start it back up when Alex deploys. Then I could use each picture to help make a scrapbook titled, "When Daddy's Away, The Baby Will Play." I'm pretty excited about that part. Something to keep me busy!

So today our alarm went off at 6am, but I hit snooze and woke up at 7:15am. What a great start to the day, huh? So we start getting things ready and realize that we have to give one of the married guys a ride... So Alex calls the poor kid and he couldn't find anyone else. So we rushed and got everything together in a matter of 45 minutes and were out the door by 8am.

I dropped off Alex at the barracks and had to go back to the store because he needed a few patches and such and I needed to withdraw some money for him. Well turns out that they didn't have the patches that I needed and then I overdrew our account.

I almost get pulled over on my way back to the barracks. Then I get to the barracks and find out that they moved to 2-22's Cold storage. So Alex runs across the street to get me and we finally get inside out of the wind. From then we just enjoyed each other. The guys left us at about 10am.

From there I went out shopping with a few friends and then came back home. When I came back home I cried, but started coughing at the same time... so it didn't end well. lol Then I had to take Colin to the Clinic because of his cold. And now I'm back home.

Alex said that the tires on the plane blew up... So they're not leaving for a while now.... GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment