Friday, July 2, 2010

Finally a time to breathe

I believe that Alex agrees that maybe reenlisting would be the best for us right now. Especially with the job market and so on. I am feeling a little relieved that this has been brought up and will be dealt with soon. He's thinking about reclassing and doing something different, but we'll see how everything goes with that.

I haven't started anything for Colin's birthday party. I don't even have a date for it because we were going to do it when Alex was home on R&R... But we won't exactly know about dates until that's closer... So until then, we'll start to make things and hope for the best. lol

I miss Alex, and that's pretty simple. I'm sure a lot of you know the feeling... You feel helpless and your arms feel so empty. You grab up your child and while you love that feeling, it's just not the same. Colin fell asleep on my mom and I tonight as we were playing with him... Before he was put to bed, the sheets needed to be changed because he bottle had spilled during nap time. So I grabbed Colin and put him on my chest. As I breathed, I realized how heavy he was and that pretty soon I wasn't going to be able to do that anymore. That broke my heart. Colin was so comfortable and at peace. I absolutely loved it, but at the same time... It wasn't Alex. I cannot wait to be at the airport with signs and everything, waiting for him to show up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment