Tuesday, February 8, 2011

As of last night I was really excited for today. It was going to be my last free day without anything going on before a week and a half of at least one thing to do each day. I am purposely making myself a million and two plans for each day because I need time to pass a little more quickly than it has.

This morning started off alright. Colin and I didn't wake up until 10:30am and he didn't pee or poop through his diaper. Which is a big deal for Colin! Made a yummy breakfast and then shortly after we had lunch. Colin went down for a nap which didn't last too long, but long enough for me to get a few things done. He woke up and we had a few dance parties.

I spent the day going out to shovel the driveway and walkway a few different times because of the excessive ice from the snow drifts on my roof. But really had no luck. One time I went outside to do it I saw my neighbor and asked her if I could bring Colin up there sometime tonight. Of course she was fine with it.

I made Colin some dinner of bowtie pasta and vodka sauce. He LOVED it. He ate it all, even my portion. We then sat on the couch and shared a bowl of vanilla ice cream, which was nice and relaxing. Might have to be something we do every night to wind things down, sharing a dessert is nice. I got Colin bathed and in his jammies and went to walk upstairs to my neighbors to see that she hadn't made it home yet. So I took Colin home and put him in bed. I sat down to play some Rockband Country and eventually heard my neighbor come home. Then heard that Colin still hadn't gone to sleep.

I got Colin and I dressed up and headed out the door. We were met with their smiling faces which is always a great site! Colin immediately wanted into my neighbor's arms, like always. But something always tells me he's looking for Mr. David.

You see, Mr. David died from a heart attack which he had at PT one morning in January. He was hospitalized for a few days in a coma with fluid on his brain, but one day he just left. I can't think of any way to say that.

I don't know how else to describe Mr. David other than a saint. He, his wife and their daughter were always willing to help anyone out. Mr. David even helped Alex out when he first got our house. He was amazing with Colin and I know Colin misses him. He did amazing things for the community, his church and the Army.

....................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment