Thursday, May 6, 2010

May 6th

Oh so many things are happening!!

Today Colin's second bottom tooth started to come through! I can't wait for it to pop thru so that we stop having these random fits. Yes, I know it will only get worse... But it seems that right after he cuts a tooth he goes right back to being my sweet, calm little boy! So I'm hoping for the same when he finally cuts this tooth.

Colin also made friends with an old man in the middle of this second hand store we were at. The man was hobbling up the stairs so Ashley, Colin, and I stayed back to allow him enough room to make it up without rushing him. When he got up the stairs and went to pass Colin and I, Colin flashed him one of his heartbreaking smiles. The old man just bursted out talking to Colin. It was absolutely adorable! I love people that are open enough to talk to a baby. And he was a sweet man, too. So that helped a lot.

I took Colin outside this evening to see the little birds that came out to the bird feeder that we have in the back. There were all these birds just flying around us. Colin was absolutely obsessed with them! I couldn't believe how close they were coming to us, it's absolutely unreal!

So I went back to cleaning tonight. While I took a break in my bedroom, I picked up Colin and brought him in there with me. I laid him on his belly for tummy time while I watched a little bit of TV. After 5 minutes I grabbed a pillow that has a picture of him and Alex. I put the pillow in front of him to see if he would acknowledge it. Sure enough he did. He got really excited to see his daddy. He was laughing and screaming and kicking his legs. After I made the pillow 'dance' Colin managed to get one leg underneath him at a time and managed to scoot towards the pillow! 1. I think he knows a little bit of who his dad is. 2. He's starting to CRAWL!

Then after talking to my mom and Gary about all of this, I decided to put Colin into his bed at exactly 9pm. I normally wait until he falls asleep on his own, but wanted to try this out. He was asleep by 9:15pm. It is now 10:44pm and I am going to brush my teeth and go crawl into bed... Maybe write a letter to Alex. :D I'm so happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment