Thursday, April 29, 2010

Birthday Blues

My birthday is almost here. This will be my second birthday spent away from Alex, although this time I'm where he was. It's like a never ending circle! I will be home in Florida with a bunch of my old friends and of course Alex is worrying. I can't say I blame him, I just wish that there was a way to ease his worrying.

You see, it's my 21st birthday. While I'm not a huge drinker, he's afraid that something might happen on my birthday. He knows that my brother, Nate, will be there... But he's still worried. His biggest fear is that someone will do something to me... May that be intentional or not. Now I know that there is nothing that I can do to keep him from thinking that something might happen, but I just wish I could help.

As for my birthday, I don't have really any plans since it's on a Wednesday. I'm thinking about going out to dinner with family and then doing whatever afterwards. While I want it to include my friends that are underage, I want to go out to the Ale House, but I don't. Obviously I'm not planning on getting completely wasted because I'm pretty sure my mom wouldn't appreciate that. That and I'm not sure she would like getting up with Colin whenever he wakes up.

For Alex's birthday this year, I got sick. Apparently I ate too much cake batter. (I made a homemade cake and it rocked!) But before I got sick, I tried to celebrate his birthday as best as we could. I made a photo album for Alex from Colin. He now has it with him in Afghanistan. I also got a few random things, such as a book (that I'm now sending Alex) and a piece of wall art. I'm pretty sure he was completely blown out of the water by how we celebrated his birthday. While we didn't go out to eat, like I wanted... We still had a blast at home. And I wouldn't have had it any other way. I just wish that we could do the same for my birthday.

Maybe for my birthday, my mom. Colin, and myself will walk the beach and pick up some sea shells. I wouldn't mind that. Then dinner and then whatever. Even if it were just Livingstons. I just want to have fun, but hope that Alex doesn't get to worrying too much. Although I'm pretty sure that even if I were to just sit at home, Alex would be worrying. ;) Gotta love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment