Friday, April 2, 2010

Staying up late STINKS!


Literally, staying up late just plain stinks.
I just spent a few minutes looking through pictures of morning when Alex left for Afghanistan. The last of his company left early yesterday morning, and seeing everyone else's pictures made me realize that I hadn't looked at the pictures that Alex and I took for a while. After looking at all of them, I realized that it's not necessarily his touch that I miss... But rather the feeling you get when you know that someone is close to you.
I miss our talks we would have in our kitchen... I would sit up on the countertop and he would stand in front of me. We could talk for hours and now we're lucky if we talk for minutes. There are so many things that we need to talk about, but never have a chance to.
Alex is planning on getting out of the Army next May. In order to do so, he has to find a job in the civilian world with no college education. I also need to find a job with half a college education... Which will get you just as far as having no college education. I'm hoping for a miracle so that Alex can be a little more happy during day to day life.
Joan Rivers definitely just came on the TV in an infomercial. I literally laughed out loud because of all the times Alex said, "That b*tch is still alive?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment