Saturday, April 10, 2010

Just an update...

Things have been strained lately. I have heard from Alex in almost a week, which is not normal for Alex. However, what I've heard from other wives is that they've been told by their husbands that my husband has been very busy. I got so lonely last night that I decided to listen to all of the voicemails that he has ever left me. They are so sweet... Especially when we were dating or when he knew he had done something wrong... It may sound weird, but I miss our little fights. So many different things have gone on in the past week that I haven't been able to tell him about. Some things are great and some things I just wanted to vent about. I miss talking to him.

However, I do have some of the greatest friends! I haven't ever had so many people willing to help me out or simply want to hang out. I have a feeling that I'm going to watch very many movies that I wouldn't normally watch. But so far, they've all been great. For the past week I've watched at least one movie every night, if not more.

On Monday I leave for NC for a week to visit my sisters and all of my old college friends! It will be a much needed week away from here. Hopefully it will help me take my mind off of things. I think I just need to relax a little. Plus, all of my friends get to meet baby Colin! Who is turning out to not be a baby anymore!

I understand that Colin is not even 5 months old yet... But he definitely sits by himself for short periods of time. Alright, where did my little boy go? I think he's growing up too fast! On top of that, he's been doing these huge belly laughs for a while now. For a little bit I couldn't get him to do them for me on command, but now all I have to do is play with him and he's all about the giggles!

As for this flight that's coming up on Monday, I'm not exactly looking forward to it... But I am thankful for it to not be a car ride. I was planning on driving the whole way until Amanda's mom and dad got Colin and I a plane ticket to fly there. I'm really excited to not have to drive the 12 hours or so (not including stops) but I'm not excited about having to bring all of his formula and stuff. Ugh! I guess it's easier than driving! :)

I have almost gave up on waiting for Alex to call. I still cling to my computer and phone from 12-3pm, which is the time he used to call all the time. I am happy that he got to talk to Colin before he stopped calling. That's the one thing I'm happy about! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment