Monday, April 19, 2010

Colin's First Flight!

Okay, I think I have enough patience to sit down and write about our eventful week.

Our day started out by heading to Walmart to get an easy to push, travel stroller. I buy the stroller and I have to assemble it. I figured I could do it in the parking lot and then head on our way to Syracuse. But noooooo. I needed scissors. So I brought it back into Walmart to see if someone could assemble it for me, but they refused to. Apparently I don't look like I need help while lugging around a car seat and a partially assembled stroller. So I head back home, get frustrated with the stroller, think about how much easier it would be if Alex were home, get my woman strength back up, assemble the stroller, and leave!

We arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare. Of course I did this on purpose! Despite how long it took me to assemble a stinkin' stroller! I have never traveled with Colin in an airport, so I follow what a woman in front of me was doing. She took her child out of the stroller and her husband folded up the stroller. I got all of my things up on the conveyor belt, got Colin out, and was wheeling the stroller up when I told the guy that was feeding my bag through the machine, that I had liquid in there. Then he changes with another guy and doesn't tell the guy. He tells me what I need to fold the stroller. I told him if he wanted that to happen, he needed to find someone to help me. A nice TSA worker helped me with that. Then the same rude guy yelled at me for having a hoodie on and then to add, when my bag with the liquid (water to make bottles) went through the machine, he yelled again. UGH!

This was Colin's first flight. I was completely terrified after hearing all of these horror stories of children screaming the entire duration of the flight. Colin was a perfect baby! I couldn't believe it! He slept right through the first flight and then slept a majority of the second flight!

I had so many businessmen helping me out!! I was so happy that they didn't stick their noses up at me for traveling with an infant that 'could scream the entire flight'

1 comment:

  1. 1. I Love the new layout! haha

    2. I'm sorry the TSA guy was such a douchebag but at least there were some people who were kind enough to help you out. The folding the stroller part with the girls was really a nightmare the first time I did it, since no one would hold the girls for me. Apparently they weren't allowed to. I had to leave the girls in their carseats, fold the stroller and pass it through, then I had to take each baby out of the carseat by myself and hold both of them as I walked through the machine. That was the easy way I figured out, the first time it was a nightmare that consisted of walking through the metal detector multiple times passing the babies through one at a time. It was NOT fun, but thankfully you had nice people to help and Colin was a doll! :D

    ReplyDelete