Thursday, April 1, 2010

Let's try this again, again...

It is now March 31.... Or actually April 1st, because I stay up insanely late!!

Alex has been gone 3 weeks and 4 days. I'm used to him being gone by now, but that doesn't mean that I don't yearn for all of our normal activities. Here it is, newly spring in New York, we have great weather! But I don't go on nearly as many walks as I did when Alex was home and there was good weather. (I'm planning on putting an end to that!)

I severely need to do a deep cleaning of my house, but have no motivation after the sun goes down.... That's my cuddle up with myself and do absolutely NOTHING time. Heck! I spend enough time trying to keep myself busy, I need some time to just lounge.

But of course just because I lounge doesn't mean that I will be sleeping. You see, I don't sleep with deployments. Not even before Alex and I were dating... We were barely friends and would just talk every once in a while or whenever he needed a good listener and I would barely sleep because I would be wondering what he was doing. Although now that's not the problem. I have faith that he will do his job. Sometimes I question if he will take his pledge sincerely that he made to the US and actually put his life in immediate danger or if he will cower (sp?) because he knows that he has a wife and a 4 month old son at home. As sick as it sounds, both make me proud.

I've noticed that many things make me proud. Such as at 5pm when you face the flag and show your respect. I have so much more appreciation for so many different things that I never once thought of. I enjoy so many people's company and yearn for others. I feel the need to be involved and love to be involved.

As the last of the company left today, I began to think of what all of my friends were feeling right now... just as I felt over 3 weeks ago. I will make sure that I am there for them, and that they know that they can always use me as an output for their feelings. I will always listen to my friends and will always show respect to them.

I couldn't ask for better people to be surrounded by. Every one of the people that I talk to day in and day out are there for me and Colin. I appreciate that to no end. I'm sure Alex does, too. I love how a sense of family can come from knowing someone online or just have meeting them once. I am honored to be part of such a large family that is spread over so many different countries and spoken in so many different languages. But it's all understood.
I am thankful and nothing more can be said about that.

Colin had his picture taken with the Easter Bunny today at the PX. They were asking for donations (it was another FRG). The leader held Colin for me while I filled out information for them to email me the pictures. Of course Colin was flirting with the woman, and she was just eating it all up! I hope Colin continues to do so well with strangers... (if you know what I mean) He was perfectly fine with the Easter Bunny, too!! Although I made sure he didn't get a look at him. ....But then again, I'm almost positive that it wouldn't have mattered to him. ;)

Welp, it's 3:18am. Maybe I should take a shower to relax... I'm going to check up on my girls in the morning/mid-afternoon to make sure that they're all okay and see if any of them want to go on a walk. :)

Night all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment